Acronis Backup and Recovery Products
What operating systems are supported by Acronis True Image?
Windows 7 SP1 and later versions, and Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 and later versions.
What are the hardware requirements for Acronis True Image?
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (2 GHz) processor or equivalent (Note: The processor must support SSE instructions.)
- 2 GB RAM
- 7 GB of free space on the system hard disk
- CD-RW/DVD-RW drive or USB drive for bootable media creation
- For Linux OS, approximately 660 MB of free space
- For Windows OS, approximately 700 MB of free space
- Display with 1024 x 768 resolution
- Mouse or other input device (recommended)
What operating systems are supported by Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5?
Windows 7 SP1 and later versions, and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later versions.
What is Acronis Active Protection?
Acronis Active Protection is an advanced ransomware protection technology developed by Acronis. Compatible with most anti-malware solutions, it actively protects all system data, including documents, media files, programs, and even backup files.
What is ransomware?
Ransomware is a type of malicious software that encrypts data or perpetually blocks access, effectively stealing it from you, unless a ransom is paid to decrypt or regain access.
Do I need Acronis Active Protection if I already have specialized anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, and other security software?
- Acronis Active Protection does not require virus signatures updates to detect new and unknown ransomware programs. It protects your system from zero-day attacks.
- A dedicated Acronis Active Protection module handles all system backups, keeping them safe from unwanted deletion or alteration by malicious software.
- After an attack is blocked, all encrypted files are automatically restored. Automatic data recovery is possible because of Acronis' unique on-the-fly backup and recovery technology. Most other security software only stops attacks without automatically recovering ciphered data.
Will Acronis Active Protection conflict with the other security programs I have installed?
Third-party security software can operate in parallel with Acronis Active Protection. The software will not conflict with each other for resources or create additional system overhead.
What versions of Acronis True Image and Acronis Backup include Acronis Active Protection?
The following software versions feature Active Protection:
- Acronis Backup 12.5
- Acronis True Image 2019 - all editions
- Acronis True Image 2020 - all editions
- Acronis True Image 2021 - all editions
What operating systems are supported by Acronis Active Protection?
- Active Protection in Acronis True Image: Windows 7 and later versions, Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite and later
- Active Protection in Acronis Backup software: PCs running Windows 7 and later versions, and servers running Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and later versions