RS-232 to RS-422 Converter – DB25F to DB25M
- Converts unbalanced RS-232 signals to balanced RS-422 signals
- Extends RS-232 line up to 1200 meters (4000 ft)
- Data rates up to 90 kbps
- Quick, easy inline installation
- RS-422 driver can drive ten RS-422 receivers in parallel (for use in multi-drop systems)
- 12 VDC, 100 mA power supply required (not included, sold separately)
Model 422LCOR, non-isolated RS-232 to RS-422 converter, converts unbalanced RS-232 signals to balanced RS-422 signals. The RS-422 Standard uses a balanced voltage digital interface to allow communications of 90K bits per second on cable lengths of 1200 meters (4000 feet). Ten receivers can be connected to any one driver for use in multi-drop systems.
The RS-232 port is a DB25 female connector with pins 2 (TD input) and 3 (RD output) supported. Protective Ground (pin 1) and Signal Ground (pin 7) are also connected. The RS-422 port is a DB25 male connector with Send Data outputs on pins 2 and 14, and Receive Data inputs on pins 5 and 17. Protective Ground (pin 1) and Signal Ground (pin 7) are connected through to the RS-232 connector. LEDs indicate Transmit Data and Receive Data.
Power supply required (not included, sold separately).