Industrial RS-232 to RS-422/485 Converter
- Convert RS-232 data signals to RS-422/485
- ESD Protection - 8 kV Contact, 15 kV Air
- Data rate: up to 460.8 kbps (bit-wise enable)
- Rugged metal panel mount case (DIN rail adapters sold separately)
- 10-30 VDC external power source (not included, sold separately)
- UL Listed
Model SCP211-DFTB3 serial converter is compact and rugged, designed and tested to meet heavy industrial EMC standards. The RS-232 signal is connected through a female DB9 connector. The RS-422/485 (2-wire and 4-wire) signal is connected through a removable terminal block, making wiring easy. Power is connected through a two-position, removable terminal block. A 10-30VDC external power source is required (not included, sold separately). Bit-wise enabled circuitry automatically detects the character time-out eliminating the need to set DIP switches for the baud rate.
Model SCP211-DFTB3 is non-isolated and made for less demanding temperature extremes. This model can be used when isolation is not required, such as applications in which the data line does not exit the control cabinet.