Three Stage DIN Rail Surge Protector
- Three stages of protection on every data line: Gas discharge tube, Series resistor, Transient voltage suppressor
- Protected signal ground connection
- Rugged terminal block connections
- Dedicated chassis ground lug
- Wide operating Temperature
- NEMA TS2
Model BB-HESP4DR meets IEEE 1000-4-5: 1995 and IEEE C62.41-1991 recognized standards for premium surge protectors. It protects against lightning strikes, power surges, and other types of voltage disturbances with three stages of protection for each supported line: a gas discharge tube followed by a series resistor and finally a Transient Voltage Suppresser (TVS). Five RS-422/485 signals on terminal blocks are supported with a clamping voltage of 6.8 Volts.
The BB-HESP4DR is housed in a sturdy DIN rail mount case with a #10 grounding screw. In order to work properly, it is important to have a good connection between the #10 screw and a solid earth ground.